Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, December 4, 2008

38 weeks (click for information)

Well I have been told I am on the FINAL COUNTDOWN!  It is funny to hear the different people at work guess when they think I am going to have the baby.  I have been told that I am still really tiny, that I am really getting big, that the baby has dropped, that I will have her early, I will be late, etc.  No one really knows.  

I had another doctor's appointment yesterday and all is well.  She started out with a heartbeat of 160 bpm because she was really moving around and then when she settled down some, it was in the 140's.  I am still only 1 cm dilated but 60% effaced.  The doctor says I am right on schedule (whatever that means).  The baby hasn't dropped yet.  I still feel pretty good, but am trying to get rid of a cold I have had for about 2 weeks now.  

Today at school one of the mom's of my students had an early X-mas party for me and the kids.  They brought in treats and lots of presents for baby and me.  It amazes me how great these families are and how supportive they are.  My students are so excited and the parents have been great.  I have had several offers of rides to the hospital if I need it.  

My mom and dad come in to Colorado Springs on Wednesday the 10th and I am so excited.  My sister will be coming in on the 17th.  My grandma, brother and his family will come in on the 5th of January.  I can't wait to see all of them and show them where we have been living these past 3 years, not to mention they will get to meet baby Bostwick (by then we will have a name for sure :)  This baby is going to have LOTS of LOVE surrounding her.  

I will keep everyone posted.  My next appointment is on the 10th of December, if I make it until then.  Keep your fingers crossed, I want her to come right on time.  Yeah right!   

9 comments:

Shannon said...

I am so excited. I can't believe how close you are. I keep on waiting for a phone call. I am happy that it hasn't happened yet since I know you want to have more time with her and it would be so wonderful for her to come after your parents arrive. I will definitely keep my fingers crossed. I know I am pregnancy dumb, but what does effaced mean? Talk to you soon. Take care! Love, Auntie Shannon

Raquel said...

You are not pregnancy dumb, I didn't know what it was either. It is when the cervix starts to thin out. I also forgot that I need to get Pat's number from you too just in case I need to call him.

Anonymous said...

Yay! I can't wait til the 17th! I'm so excited to see you all and baby bostwick! See you soon!

smarkuci said...

Raquel...Hooray for you!! I can't wait to see your new little beauty!!! How exciting! (If you can manage it, take a notebook with you to the hospital to jot down any quick thoughts you have before or after the birth. It's such a fleeting time and priceless to have those thoughts recorded!) ---SM (Stephanie Smith)

Marika said...

Raquel, I have been thinking about you guys a lot lately! It's getting close.:) I can't wait to hear that baby Bostwick has arrived! After your family has left (and after all the meals from school have run out!), I would love to bring a meal over for your family. Let me know when you are ready for it!

danica said...

I know these last couple of weeks seem the hardest. Hang in there, not too much longer! can't wait to meet baby Bostwick!!!

The Eathornes said...

Oh things are getting soo exciting at this point! Cherish these last few days of your pregnancy...it is the weirdest thing but you will sometimes miss that pregnant feeling! Can't wait to see pictures of your little girl!

Anonymous said...

Yes, I understand you. In it something is also to me it seems it is very excellent thought. Completely with you I will agree.

Anonymous said...

Perhaps, I shall agree with your phrase