Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Saturday, February 21, 2009

2 month appointment

Hailey had her two month doctor's appointment yesterday.  I was very curious to find out how much she weighed and how long she was.   Boy was I surprised to find out she weighed more than I thought.  She is now 12 pounds and 23 1/2 inches long.  The doctor said she is perfect and growing just fine.  Hailey kept smiling and cooing at the doctor while he was explaining the vaccinations she was going to be getting (if she understood what he was saying, I doubt she would have been smiling).  He left and the nurse came in.  Hailey had no idea what was about to happen.  She was first given the oral vaccination and she didn't like that one much but when those BIG needles came, all hell broke loose.  She was screaming.  I picked her up right away and it took a few minutes to calm her down.  As soon as I put her clothes back on and put her in her carrier, she was out.  Thank goodness for my sister in law Kristy and my good friend Erin for letting me in on the secret of Tylenol before the shots.  I truly believed that helped.  Once she woke up, she wasn't fussy and I don't think the shots bothered her much.  I can't believe we have to do this again at 4 months and 6 months.  It just hurts your heart to see your baby in pain.  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on making it through those first vaccinations! They are rough on a mom, huh?