Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, May 30, 2010

My surprise party!

On my birthday, Sean had planned to take me to the movies and get something to eat, well at least that is what I thought.  After the movie, Sean said that we had to come home to look for Shannon's sunglasses because she thought she had left them at our house the night before.  He gave me the keys to open the door.  I hurried to turn the alarm off and that is when I noticed that the alarm didn't go off.  I looked and saw Hailey and Shannon standing there.  I didn't think too much of it since Shannon was the one babysitting Hailey for us while we went to the movies.  Then I saw my friend Marika standing there and then I heard SURPRISE and the sound of horns going off.  I turned the corner and saw many of my friends standing around the living room.  Boy was I surprised.  I had no idea whatsoever.  Sean truly is the best husband and friend a girl could have.  I had a rough week and he wanted to do something special for me.  He sure knew how to make it one of my best birthdays ever.  Thanks Sean and Hailey (she was in on the whole thing too.  she kept a great secret) for going over and beyond.  I love you both!  The only thing that was missing was my family in California.  I know they would have been here if they could. 

Here are a few pictures from the night.  The first one is Hailey and her little friend Cobin.  They like to hug and kiss each other.  We missed the opportunity to take the cutest picture of them hugging yesterday. 

Thanks again to everyone who took the time out of their day to come and celebrate my birthday.  It truly meant a lot to me!

2 comments:

Marika said...

It was a fun party and you got some great pictures! Sean did good, for sure! :)

Anonymous said...

Raquel,

You deserved a special day. Glad you had such fun.

Love,
Barbara