Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Ok so yesterday morning we were lying around being lazy and I thought I would try to talk to the baby. Well to my surprise every time I spoke to her stomach it made a weird popping noise and it felt like something was rubbing against her tummy, we laughed quite a bit but still aren't quite sure if it was the baby or maybe Raquel was just very hungry. I will say it sounded a lot different then anything I've ever heard. Anyway we are entering week 19 tomorrow and are very excited to find out the gender next week. I added some music (Baby B's tunes) to the blog but if you get annoyed please feel free to turn it off. I also made an adjustment to the comments page you no longer have to be a member to post a comment, let me know if that works better, but make sure you let us know who left the comment. Thanks all!!! :)

Your pregnancy: 19 weeks


How your baby's growing:

Your baby's sensory development is exploding! Her brain is designating specialized areas for smell, taste, hearing, vision, and touch. Some research suggests that she may be able to hear your voice now, so don't be shy about reading aloud, taking to her, or singing a happy tune if the mood strikes you.

Your baby weighs about 8 1/2 ounces and measures 6 inches, head to bottom —about the size of a large heirloom tomato. Her arms and legs are in the right proportions to each other and the rest of her body now. Her kidneys continue to make urine and the hair on her scalp is sprouting. A waxy protective coating called the vernix caseosa is forming on her skin to prevent it from pickling in the amniotic fluid.

See what your baby looks like this week.

2 comments:

Grandma Barb said...

Isn't it exciting to think that the baby is hearing and responding to your voice now. What fun! I like the music. Love, Grandma Barb

Shannon said...

It is exciting to know that your little one is probably hearing your voices. Next time I see you guys, don't be surprised if I start talking to the baby. :) I like the music. It startled me at first, but very entertaining. Sean, you are doing a good job with this blog. :) Love, Shannon